» 2012 EASYCARE Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes")
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
This Sweepstakes is intended for viewing and participation in Canada only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of Canada. Please do not proceed if you are not a legal resident of Canada at time of entry.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD:
Starting May 1st, 2012 at 6:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) and ending February 2, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").
To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a resident of Canada, who has reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes in the Sweepstakes: (a) any person who, at any time on or after May 1st, 2012, was or is
a director, officer, employee, or agent of Staples Business Depot Ltd. - Bureau en Gros (the "Sponsor"), or its parent, subsidiaries, franchisees, or service agencies; and (b) individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Sweepstakes or engaged in the administration or execution of this Sweepstakes
(Collectively the "Sweepstakes Entities"), and (c) any person domiciled with any of the above.
3. HOW TO ENTER & PLAY:
To enter the Sweepstakes, you must have purchased a valid EASYCARE plan on an eligible product from a STAPLES Business Depot - Bureau en Gros within Canada.
You must visit www.stapleseasycare.ca and register your EASYCARE plan.
Only valid registration will be entered in the contest.
a. MONTHLY ENTRY PERIODS
There are twelve (12) Monthly Entry Periods in this Sweepstakes. A Monthly Entry Period begins on the first day of each calendar month throughout the Sweepstakes Period at 12:00:00 AM ET and ends on the last day of the same calendar month at 11:59:59 PM ET, with exception to the first Monthly Entry Period which starts on January 29, 2012at 6:00:00 AM ET.
4. RANDOM SWEEPSTAKES DRAWS:
There will be a total of twelve (12) Sweepstakes Draws in this Sweepstakes. Each Sweepstakes Draw will be conducted on or about ten (10) days following the end of each Monthly Entry Period at approximately 11:00:00 AM ET in Mississauga, Ontario to select one (1) entry (the "Potential Winner") from among all eligible entries received for that Monthly Entry Period. The odds of being selected depend on the total number of eligible entries received for each Monthly Entry Period.
Unselected entries will not be eligible for subsequent Sweepstakes Draws. Each Potential Winner selected will be eligible to win one (1) Monthly Sweepstakes Prize, subject to verification of eligibility under these Official Rules. See Rule #6 for Prize details. Maximum one prize per person.
There are twelve (12) Monthly Sweepstakes Prizes available to be won in this Sweepstakes, one (1) Monthly Sweepstakes Prize for each of the Monthly Entry Periods. Each Monthly Sweepstakes Prize consists of: one (1) $100.00 CAD STAPLES Business Depot - Bureau en Gros shopping spree, to be awarded as a gift card. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during each Monthly Entry Period. Gift cards are subject to the terms thereon.
Total value of prizes available to be won is $1,200.00 CAD.
Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.
Income taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the Winner's responsibility. All prize details are at the Sponsor's sole discretion.
7. HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE:
Potential Winners will be contacted by phone with instructions on how to claim the prize. If a Potential Winner is found to be ineligible, declines to accept the prize, or Sponsor is unable to contact a Potential Winner within a reasonable period, or in the event that a prize confirmation or prize is returned undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and, at the Sponsor's sole discretion, prize may be awarded to an alternate Winner. Potential Winners may be required to furnish proof of identification. Before being declared a Winner, Potential Winners will be required to execute and return a Declaration and Complete Release and Waiver form. Declaration and Release forms must be completed and returned within fifteen (15) business days from the time it is postmarked as having been sent by the Sponsor or the prize will be forfeited. Allow 6 to 8 weeks for verification and shipment of your prize after verification. Sponsor and its Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding prizes for any reason outside of their control. Prizes will only be delivered to verified Winners. By accepting a prize, Winners consent to the use of their names, addresses, voices, and statements relating to the Sweepstakes or Sponsor, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by
Sponsor or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
8. By entering, entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Judges, made in their sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
9. Any Receipts used for registration that were obtained through unauthorized or illegitimate sources/channels, including Receipts purchased or obtained online, or at a live auction; or which are not original, are illegible, have been tampered with, mutilated, altered, reproduced, stolen, forged, counterfeited, irregular, marked improperly; or which contain printing or production errors, or any errors in any way, will be void at the discretion of the Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Judges.
10. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete postage-due submissions of entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures of registrations etc.) and/or mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
11. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant's registration in the Sweepstakes (and void all associated entries) or entitlement to a prize, if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, they determine or suspect that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices (including any entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means).
12. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
13. As a condition of entering, entrants agree: (a) to release Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Sweepstakes or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize or any travel related thereto, (b) that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs.
14. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes at any time, if fraud, technical failures, including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes corrupt the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Sweepstakes.
15. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities do not warrant that access to the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to; (a) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, Websites, or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Sweepstakes; or (b) communications failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or (c) failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in the offering or announcement of any prize or in any prize notification documents; or (d) for any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; or (e) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (f) damage to a user's system occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Sweepstakes.
16. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
Entrant engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any prize(s) won.
17. In the event of any discrepancies between the English language rules and the non-English language rules, the English rules shall prevail.
18. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in Sweepstakes Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official
Rules shall prevail.
19. RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC:
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
20. For any questions or concerns about the Sweepstakes please call our toll-free service line: 1-888-723-3444. While Sponsor shall make every reasonable effort to respond to such inquiries, Sponsor and its agents shall have no obligation to do so.Except where prohibited by law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to Ontario conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
21. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In particular, Sponsor's employees are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Official Rules in any manner whatsoever.
22. This Sweepstakes is subject to all Federal, Provincial, and Municipal laws.
23. Personal information collected from entrants will be used by the Sponsors for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes. Sponsors will not sell, share or otherwise disclose personal information of entrants with third parties or agents, other than to third parties or agents engaged by Sponsors to fulfill the above purposes or as permitted or required by the applicable laws.
24 .FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor shall not be liable for any delays or other non-performance of, or relating to, the Challenge resulting from circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, fire or other casualty, act of God, war, terrorism, or other violence, any law, order or requirement of any governmental agency or authority or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor.
» Home-Extended Service Plans